Saturday 23 July 2011

Progress of an Illustration from beginning to nearly end

Progress of an illustration: Amelia's Magazine illustration of Cornelia.
I started out with this sketch which is based on photographs of Cornelia in different wigs and some bunny ears. I thought it would be fun to have 4 Cornelias in one illustration as she looked so different in each one.






After scanning and cleaning up the image I added colour digitally:



I thought that the far left "Cornelia was too dominant with her dress taking up too much space visually and I also thought her arms were looking a bit odd.

So I toned down the dress by making it mostly black thereby having it blend into the background more and got rid of the weird arms:

At this point I also thought it would be fun to have real fur ears and a real flower hairbow so I added them.



I wasn't sure whether to have text so here is a version I did with "Cornelia" added.

I still wasn't happy with the dominance and pose of the far left "Cornelia and I had a fancy to try and emulate Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody video so I re-jigged things a bit thereby losing the offending arms and pose and the end result follows in the next post.







No comments:

Post a Comment