Friday 18 March 2011

New Exhibition space and painting mural

This is a bit late but yesterday I went to see "Sheffield Showcase", they are a project in which vacant, otherwise unused Sheffield city centre shopfronts are utilised to display local art, crafts, businesses, etc. At the same time the project is training up young NVQ-ers in window dressing (or it probably has a much posher name like visual merchandising or something like that now).

Anyway I showed them some of my art and they booked me a window for a month beginning 1st June, but they also asked me to paint a sea scape mural for another window in which they are planning a sea-theme for summer. So that was very nice. I think it was my 2 whale pictures that gave them the idea (they could see I might be able to do a decent representation of a lighthouse which is the main thing they wanted). So thankyou very much to the Sheffield Showcase project and I'm really looking forward to working with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment